1. Preheat the oven to 165 °C / 329 °F. Prepare the baking tray and paper cups for cupcakes.
2. Sift the flour and mix it with the baking powder and almond powder with a whisk.
3. Split the vanilla pod in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
4. Combine the room temperature butter, honey, sugar and vanilla pod seeds in a bowl of a stand mixer. Beat all ingredients on high speed with a paddle attachment until the mixture turns almost white and airy. It will take 10 minutes approximately.
5. Then gradually add room temperature egg yolks and lemon juice, mixing with a paddle attachment on medium speed. Mix until all ingredients combine. The mixture has to be smooth and homogeneous. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally.
6. Separately start whipping the egg whites, gradually adding sugar. Whip them to a medium-stiff and glossy meringue.
7. Gradually fold the meringue into the creamed butter and egg yolk mixture using a silicone spatula.
8. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the batter. There should be no lumps of unmixed flour in the batter.
9. Transfer the cake batter into a piping bag and pipe 50 grams of it into each paper cup. Fill no more than ¾ of the paper cup.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cupcakes rise. When ready, the toothpick, inserted in the centre of the cupcake, will come out clean and dry.
11. Transfer the cupcakes on a wire rack and leave them to cool down at room temperature.